As we navigate through these uncertain times, The Center for Discovery has come to epitomize the power of a passionate, tireless community. We have come together as one. We are #TCFDStrong.
Our team of nurses, physicians, clinicians, and residential and educational staff are working around the clock to keep everyone in our care safe, healthy, and happy during this unprecedented time. We see this daily, with photos and stories of inspiration:
To help support our work, we often rely on donations from our annual spring gala, known as An Evening of Discovery. The Gala helps finance programs that do not fall under government funding. This year’s event has been postponed until September, and that has delayed the donations we typically receive within the first half of the year.
Amid this crisis, we have incurred additional costs due to the swift implementation of our pandemic plan to protect the 1,200 children and adults we serve, along with our incredible staff of 1,800. This includes:
- Increased supply of personal protective equipment
- Overtime and additional benefits for employees including added compensation for those in specific locations
- Emergency childcare for essential employees, including a newly established school-aged program
- Three-month supply of food, paper goods and cleaning products
- And a brand new food co-op where the staff can get the essentials they need at cost, while staying healthy and out of potentially unsafe environments
While we understand fully the financial, and of course emotional strain this pandemic may have caused your family and friends, we ask simply that you keep us in mind, as your support is needed now, more than ever.
Any gift, regardless of its size, will allow us to continue to provide the highest quality of care and programs to those who rely on us most, in good times and in bad.
If you prefer to make your gift by mail, please send a check to:
The Center for Discovery
Office of Development
P.O. Box 840
Harris, NY 12742